Saturday, July 29, 2006

luv dem Vice Grips

Well it was a 100 deg heat index today, and I says to my self---self why don't you go out back and pull some fenders of a VW carcus. Nothing as refreshing as sweat and fender rot in your eyes to help develop character. The good part of this whole survival story is, I used some vice grips in a new way. These wonderful tools have saved my fanny many a time. In this saga, I had some fender retaining nuts that were in a recess in the tin. I couldn't get a wrench on them, plus they were rusted badly. ---Ah-hah, say's I--- THIS IS A JOB FOR VICE GRIPS! I took a pair of needle nose vice grips and grabbed the nut down in the recess. Then I took a set of big jaw vice grips and clamped them onto the jaws of the needle nose set. This gave me adequate "grippage" to get it undone. The solution to some of the other contrary bolts was not as elegent as this solution. Big hammer, chisel, hacksaw, pry bars and grumbling. Now that you have suffered through this tale of mechanical blaa-blaa---The happy ending is--the fenders are all off the carcuss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home